Easy lunch. Quick dinner using THRIVE Taco TVP.
THRIVE Taco TVP Quesadillas
Author: Davette Himes
Recipe type: Main
- Thrive Sour Cream Powder
- 1c cold water
- 2 ½ c boiling water
- 1 c THRIVE Taco TVP
- 1 c THRIVE Mixed Bell Peppers
- 1 T THRIVE Freeze Dried Chopped Onion
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 8 Medium flour tortillas
- 1 T canola oil
- 1 c refried beans (canned or homemade)
- 1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 jar salsa (of your choice)
- 1 jar of black olives
- Combine THRIVE Sour Cream Powder and cold water to consistency desired and refrigerate. (Can use less water for thicker sour cream).
- Boil 2½ c water.
- Rehydrate THRIVE Taco TVP. Place THIRVE Taco TVP in 1 cup of boiling water. Stir. Cover and set aside 15 min. Line colander with paper towel and drain.
- While waiting: Rehydrate THRIVE Mixed Bell Peppers in ½ cup of warm water. Set aside. Drain in colander.
- Rehydrate Thrive FD Chopped Onion in bowl with 1 cup of warm water. Set aside. Drain in colander.
- Add olive oil to skillet. Saute THRIVE Chopped Onion until fragrant. Add ground turkey and brown.
- Next add Thrive Taco TVP, THRIVE Mixed Bell Peppers to pan, stir and set aside.
- In nonstick skillet or on griddle add 1 TBS canola oil. Heat pan.
- Place one flour tortilla in pan. Layer with refried beans, THRIVE Taco TVP, cheddar cheese, top with flour tortilla.
- Brown quesadilla on both sides. Remove to plate.
- Garnish with cilantro, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped green onion, olives and salsa if desired. Serve.