What do you do when someone tells you they need a treat for the office party tomorrow and it’s 10:00PM–the day before? Think simple. Think pantry. Think THRIVE. What do we have?
I made these with a little inspiration from MSL and here. I followed directions on the cans and underbaked as directed before adding macaroon layer and topped with almonds. I cut mini squares in jelly roll pan and estimate it made about 72.
- 3 cups THRIVE Fudge Brownie Mix
- ½ cup hot water
- 3½ cups THRIVE Macaroon Mix
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 cup whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep 13" x 18" baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Prepare brownie layer.
- Mix brownie mix with hot water and spread with spatula to cover bottom of jelly roll type baking sheet.
- Pre-bake brownie layer for 10-15 minutes. Edges should begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Prepare macaroon layer.
- Add water to macaroon mix and stir.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto brownie layer and gently spread with a spatula.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes until coconut begins to lightly brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and press almonds in linear fashion.
- Allow to completely cool before cutting and storing by separating layers with wax paper.